MORTGAGE BROKER FUNDAMENTALS – PRACTICAL APPLICATIONS October 2022
|Title:||Mortgage Broker Fundamentals|
|Location:||Delivered in an Interactive Zoom Environment|
|Start date:||04 October, 2022|
|Cost:||$695.00 for members or $695.00 for non-members|
About this course:
This comprehensive, redesigned course gives Brokers a hands-on experience to assist them in conducting business in the early stages of their careers. Students will hear from leading professionals and participate in interactive workshops exposing them to key topics and teach them needed skills.
Graduating this course can be a valuable asset in searching for employment and conducting Mortgage Brokering business.
Dates: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00AM-1:00PM on October 4, 6, 11, 13, 18, 20, 25 & 27.
Enrollment fees: $695 +GST
The course curriculum includes reviewing:
- compliance requirements
- the mortgage application process
- underwriting requirements
- income documentation requirements
- reading credit reports and required credit scores
- reading property valuation reports
- underwriting for approval
- how to match a lender and a borrower (‘shopping a deal’)
- mortgage origination and operating platforms (Lendesk, Filogix Expert, and Newton Velocity)
- conventional and high ratio lending (and related requirements)
- Form 9 (Investor/Lender Information Statement) completion
- Form 10 (Conflict of Interest) completion
- mortgage origination and operating platforms
- Filogix Expert
- Newton Velocity
Meet our Speakers:
- Jane Wakelyn
- Camilo Rodriguez
- Caroline Roach
- Deb White
- Teague Brinkworth
- Dustan Woodhouse
- Ed Steel
- Ajay Soni
- Caroline Roach
- Rebecca Casey
- Lowell Harding
- Geoff Parkin
- Marci Deane
- Ray Basi
Thank you to our sponsors:
Reviews from students who recently took this course:
The class was a realistic approach to what we could expect out of the mortgage and lending world. Being licensed does not make one competently prepared, but being educated does. Ray truly cares about CMBA-BC and the future brokers of tomorrow, he was nothing short of amazing. All of our guest speakers were helpful, and gave us an idea of what things are like from the lending side. Other guests, such as seasoned mortgage brokers and CMBA-BC staff, were also quite passionate. The readings were helpful, and did not take much time out of your night to read over.
– Josh Seera, Invis
It has been an excellent class. Great facilitation/presentation by Ray Basi, great selection and contributions by guest speakers. Thank you.
– Annette Roehlig
This course is a great introduction to how to be a mortgage broker. While the UBC course teaches what a mortgage is, this course teaches how to broker mortgages.
– Brittany Smith, House & Home Mortgage Co.