Mortgage Broker Fundamentals Part 1: Underwriting and Submitting for Approval
|Title:||Mortgage Brokers Fundamentals Part 1 - November|
|Location:||Delivered in an Interactive Zoom Environment|
|Start date:||07 November, 2023|
|Cost:||$299.00 for members or $299.00 for non-members|
About this course:
The Mortgage Broker Fundamentals – Practical Applications Course is a class for new or aspiring brokers, and for persons who manage them. It provides practical knowledge and skills needed to function as a mortgage broker.
The course is split into two parts, the first part concerns practical matters a mortgage broker needs to know to operate in the field while the second addresses brokering practice requirements. The first part will make you a better and hopefully more successful broker. It will support what it takes for a broker to earn income. The second will protect you by better ensuring you are entitled to continue as a broker and to keep the income you earn. It will help keep you out of trouble with your clients, the regulator, and the courts.
The course is taught by a variety of senior brokers, experts, and others with considerable knowledge of the topics they address. It is better that a student learns from a variety of perspectives and hears a variety of knowledgeable voices.
Format: Interactive Online Class
Dates: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00AM-1:00PM on November 7, 9, 14, & 16
Enrollment fees: $299 +GST
Part 1 includes:
- an overview of the mortgage application process
- an examination of underwriting parameters (including the stress test)
- a discussion of required income documentation (obtaining and reviewing)
- a review of credit reports (obtaining and reviewing)
- a review of price and valuation documents (obtaining and reviewing)
- a discussion of how to underwrite for approval
- a discussion of what to do after approval is obtained
- a discussion of high ratio mortgage qualifications and requirements
- an examination of a private mortgage alternative to high ratio financing
- a review of common application submission platforms including Lendesk, Newton Velocity, and Finastra
- a review of client retainer agreements
- a review of how to terminate a client
- a discussion of how to shop a deal
- an examination of title insurance
Thank You to our Sponsor
Reviews from students who recently took this course:
The speakers were extremely organized, open to questions, and very helpful. I will definitely be interested in participating in future courses & webinars. Well worth the cost to attend.
It was great being able to connect with the various speakers. It was great to have actual brokers come in and speak.