2023 MB Awards
We are pleased to open this year’s MB Awards in the following categories:
MB Pioneer Award for Lifetime Achievement
Criteria Description: The Pioneer Award is for lifetime achievement awarded to an individual who has demonstrated leadership within the CMBA-BC and promotes the mortgage brokerage industry throughout British Columbia. This includes ongoing interaction with our members, our regulators, our lending community and the public.
MB Community Service Recognition
Criteria Description: The Community Service Recognition Award is awarded yearly to an individual member of the CMBA-BC and the Mortgage Broker Industry who has shown outstanding service to the community, charities or philanthropic organizations that support and improve the communities that we live in.
MB Individual Partner Recognition
Criteria Description: The Individual Partner Recognition Award is awarded yearly to an individual member of the CMBA-BC and the Mortgage Broker Industry who is recognized as an influential CMBA-BC member whose commitment and energy has benefited the growth of our Association.
Submission deadline for all nominations closed on April 14, 2023 at 11:59 PM PT.
- March 1 to April 14, 2023: Submission period.
- April 15-19, 2023: Selection period.
- May 9, 2023: MB Award recipients announced at the 2023 Conference & Trade Show Awards Luncheon on May 9, 2023.
Submissions must meet the following criteria:
- Province of Residence: Nominees must be based in B.C.
- Membership: All nominees must be members in good standing of CMBA-BC for at least one year and be members in good standing on the date they are nominated, and on May 9, 2023 when the Awards are presented.
- Nominators may submit nominations for more than one individual.
- An individual may be a finalist in more than one category but are limited to winning one category only. If a finalist is the most deserving candidate in two or more categories, the Selection Committee will grant the most prestigious award to the candidate.
The Awards Selection Committee will be an appointed task force made up of Board members and CMBA-BC members in good standing. This task force is responsible for granting awards in all categories except for the Pioneer Award.
The Pioneer Award Selection Committee is chaired by the current Past President of CMBA-BC. The Committee will include a mixture of past recipients, current Board members, and CMBA-BC members in good standing.