|Job Title:||STACT Financial - Mortgage Professional|
About STACT Financial
We are a mortgage brokerage focused on helping everyday Canadians who are not able to secure bank financing for their mortgage or business borrowing needs.
Are you looking for an opportunity to push your limits, grow as a mortgage professional, make a meaningful contribution, and be part of an A team who support each other all while helping people?
Our Core Values
Accessing traditional financing can be challenging. We provide alternative, private market financing and credit solutions for our clients.
Knowledge is power and we want you to be informed and empowered in your borrowing experience.
STACT works on behalf of the Borrower, not the lender. We listen, understand and support our clients.
We understand you are more than a credit score or a financial ratio and your story has equity.
We build our future on the strength of trust and servicing our members\' needs in a knowledgeable and professional manner.
- able to build a genuine rapport quickly with new clients
- focused on the big picture, yet have the ability to see the details
- motivated by helping borrowers
- a people person
- a great communicator
- driven to succeed
- have experience working with borrowers who do not qualify for conventional financing
Benefits of working with STACT Financial
- No Prospecting or Business Development - We provide you with leads and current borrowers to process their applications and advise them on the best mortgage options for their family, current circumstances and goals. Your job is to know the Alterative and private lending space with a deep level of expertise and be able to find solutions for borrowers who are not able to get funded with conventional lenders
- Access to all non bank lenders - not restricted to house funds, use any MIC, B Lender or Private Lender as is suitable for the borrower
- On-going one-on-one training
- Opportunity for growth and greater responsibilities
- Flexible hours
- Backed with the best technology to make your job easier so you can spend more of your time doing your highest value activities - advising clients
- Training tools and development opportunities
- Working with a collaborative and knowledgeable team in a growing company
- Work in a very entrepreneurial setting where your ideas are listened to and have a have a platform to grow
- No Politics and No Attitudes. We want you to succeed on your terms and pride ourselves on a supportive environment and close knit team. We are protective of our team members and the professional relationships we share.
This is a high potential earning commission position; your primary objective is to work with our existing borrower database and new borrower leads that come in daily. The borrowers we specialize in helping may not qualify for conventional financing currently. It is your mission to put them in the best product with the best lender for their current circumstances. STACT Team Members are more than mortgage brokers, they are Borrower Advocates.
- STACT provides you with borrower leads that you will facilitate and process their application, present them with their best mortgage options and work with them on future exit strategies and refinancing strategies.
- This position offers a high degree of flexibility and the team is very entrepreneurial.
- You will have the freedom to fund loans with any non bank lender in the market place.
- Access back office support to enable your focus on your highest value activities
- Grow with a team of dedicated and passionate entrepreneurs within a mission driven culture.
- Licensed under BCFSA or FSRA as a Sub Mortgage Broker/Mortgage Agent or in the process of becoming licensed.
- Strong Emotional Intelligence and Empathy for working with everyday Canadians who do not currently qualify for conventional financing
- Mortgage Brokering Experience is essential
- Balance sales goals with the requirement to operate ethically and in the best interest of the client as a Borrower Advocate.
- Promote high standards of ethical behavior; client interests always come first.
- Ability to work independently and from your own location.
- Fluency in multiple languages is considered an asset
Enthusiastic mortgage professionals are invited to send a covering letter and resume in PDF format. Optional: You are invited to create a short 1-3 minute video of yourself describing how you relate to one of our core values: Solutions Focused, Transparent, Advocacy, Compassion, Trusted. Please reply to this ad or send to email@example.com
Why STACT Financial?
Freedom of Choice
As an independent contractor, you can set your own hours and work from your location of choice. You can work with any lender in the non bank space - MICs, Syndicates, and Private Lenders as is suitable for the borrower.
Our Team Culture
Working in isolation impedes brokers from achieving the extraordinary results that working with a team can produce. Joining the team at STACT Financial will allow you to collaborate with experts in the subprime/private mortgage industry and access our back office support. We are an entrepreneurial firm that supports team member growth by leveraging our deep knowledge pool and strategic resources.
Support with Your Career
As regulations become more onerous, it is vital that brokers are ready to compete in an ever-changing professional landscape. We are constantly evolving to create more value for clients through unique front stage and backstage processes that are compliant with changing regulations.
Ethics and Transparency
STACT Financial abides by the CFA Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct. We have won clients through our dedication to putting their interests above our own and our unique processes to curating and serving clients. We believe Excellence Wins.
Is STACT Financial the right fit for you?
STACT Financial is a place for talented mortgage investment professionals that are excited to be part of the journey and are passionate about their work. If you thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and are committed to providing a superior client experience, call us today.
Your Career as a Mortgage Broker
To become registered as a mortgage broker, interested individuals must meet prescribed educational requirements. The Sauder School of Business Real Estate Division at the University of British Columbia provides a course offered through distance learning. For more information, please call 604-822-8444 or visit www.realestate.ubc.ca for the Mortgage Brokerage Licensing Program details.
The CMBA-BC also offers a practical course – the Canadian Mortgage Brokers Course – which provides participants with information currently not part of the UBC mortgage brokers’ course curriculum. This course is not mandatory. It is designed for new or soon-to-be mortgage brokers and will also be very helpful for people in related industries. It provides a clear picture of the processes involved in seeking and obtaining approval of mortgage financing. Please visit our Events Centre for more information on the CMBA-BC course.
Applicants must either complete or challenge the UBC course and then must register with the BC Financial Services Authority (BCFSA). BCFSA is the government body that regulates mortgage brokers and can be reached at 604-660-3555.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you must register and obtain a license from BCFSA prior to working as a mortgage broker. It is an offence to carry on the business of a mortgage broker in British Columbia without proper registration and licensing. Please refer to paragraphs above for details on educational requirements.
Mortgage Brokers are compensated on a commission basis so incomes vary widely from one individual to another. A successful mortgage broker will earn an income similar to other successful sales professionals.
While there is no regulation prohibiting this, most companies do not hire part time brokers. It is a challenging career that requires a high level of effort, knowledge and attention to detail. Most employers find that part time brokers are not able to devote the time and energy required to properly serve their clients’ needs in a professional manner.
Many different personalities can be successful but there some common skills and traits that most brokers have. Mortgage Brokers must be fluent in reading, writing and conversing in English. They require knowledge of mathematics to at least the high school level. Integrity is crucial when dealing with clients, financial institutions and other professionals in the real estate industry. Strong interpersonal and stress management skills help brokers deal with clients who are looking for calm guidance and timely answers about an important financial transaction.
A mortgage broker is generally a sales position and requires prospecting for clients. Most new mortgage brokers spend a great deal of time early in their career building a referral network of realtors, accountants, lawyers and other professionals who trust and refer clients to the broker. Over time successful brokers also build a large base of satisfied clients who refer friends and associates to the mortgage broker based on their own positive experience. Some mortgage brokers find advertising successful and some employers provide leads to new brokers.
The provincial regulator requires course completion through the Sauder School of Business. This course can be taken over the period of one year, with written exams at completion. Once you have passed your exams, you will need to find an employer, preferably with an CMBA-BC corporate member. (All graduates are required to work for an existing designated company for a minimum of two (2) years before independent office opportunities.) Once employed, you must submit your registration to BCFSA for your license. Then it is time to Become A Member of CMBA-BC and start attending our educational and networking events. Let us help you launch your career!