|Job Title:||Administration Manager|
A growing software company in the Mortgage, Accounting and Investment software industry is seeking a full-time Administration Manager for general office administration, support and client relations.
The position will include maintaining an efficient office system while being flexible to complete various daily tasks. The candidate will enjoy working with clients, completing and managing clerical duties such as client contracts as well have an interest in corporate marketing and sales. The candidate must feel comfortable working in a small yet fast paced environment with a large potential for growth.
The candidate will have experience in the Mortgage Industry ideally with Canadian Private Lending.
* The candidate will have superb organization skills to create and maintain an efficient office environment.
* The candidate will require outstanding communication skills within the office and in terms of client relations both written and verbally.
* Office administration duties including maintaining and organizing paperwork including client contracts.
* The candidate will have excellent detailed skills while being able to manage multiple tasks.
* Bookkeeping and managing and organizing client invoices, expenses and receipt of payments.
* An ability to take direction from the CEO and work interdependently is required.
* Sporadic personal CEO assistance may be required.
* Although the candidate will take direction from the CEO, they must be proactive and be able to
Sales and Marketing:
Responsible for newsletter updates, updates on websites and establishing and managing new sales leads for the growing market opportunity.
* Candidate will be responding to some client queries with eventual full based knowledge of the
software, services and industry.
* Schedule and manage client activities including: meetings and conference calls, schedule new
client implementations, customization requests with on-going correspondence and updates.
* Post-secondary diploma/certification or equivalent experience.
* Experience in the Mortgage Industry.
* Strong understanding of office equipment and Office software systems including Outlook,
Word and Excel and CRM systems.
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Ability to take corporate direction while able to work independently.
* 1+ years experience in office administrative, Executive Assistant, Marketing or similar role.
* Accounting or bookkeeping experience.
Please submit resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Career as a Mortgage Broker
To become registered as a mortgage broker, interested individuals must meet prescribed educational requirements. The Sauder School of Business Real Estate Division at the University of British Columbia provides a course offered through distance learning. For more information, please call 604-822-8444 or visit www.realestate.ubc.ca for the Mortgage Brokerage Licensing Program details.
The CMBA-BC also offers a practical course – the Canadian Mortgage Brokers Course – which provides participants with information currently not part of the UBC mortgage brokers’ course curriculum. This course is not mandatory. It is designed for new or soon-to-be mortgage brokers and will also be very helpful for people in related industries. It provides a clear picture of the processes involved in seeking and obtaining approval of mortgage financing. Please visit our Events Centre for more information on the CMBA-BC course.
Applicants must either complete or challenge the UBC course and then must register with the Financial Institutions Commission (FICOM). FICOM is the government body that regulates mortgage brokers and can be reached at 604-660-3555.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you must register and obtain a license from FICOM prior to working as a mortgage broker. It is an offence to carry on the business of a mortgage broker in British Columbia without proper registration and licensing. Please refer to paragraphs above for details on educational requirements.
Mortgage Brokers are compensated on a commission basis so incomes vary widely from one individual to another. A successful mortgage broker will earn an income similar to other successful sales professionals.
While there is no regulation prohibiting this, most companies do not hire part time brokers. It is a challenging career that requires a high level of effort, knowledge and attention to detail. Most employers find that part time brokers are not able to devote the time and energy required to properly serve their clients’ needs in a professional manner.
Many different personalities can be successful but there some common skills and traits that most brokers have. Mortgage Brokers must be fluent in reading, writing and conversing in English. They require knowledge of mathematics to at least the high school level. Integrity is crucial when dealing with clients, financial institutions and other professionals in the real estate industry. Strong interpersonal and stress management skills help brokers deal with clients who are looking for calm guidance and timely answers about an important financial transaction.
A mortgage broker is generally a sales position and requires prospecting for clients. Most new mortgage brokers spend a great deal of time early in their career building a referral network of realtors, accountants, lawyers and other professionals who trust and refer clients to the broker. Over time successful brokers also build a large base of satisfied clients who refer friends and associates to the mortgage broker based on their own positive experience. Some mortgage brokers find advertising successful and some employers provide leads to new brokers.
The provincial regulator requires course completion through the Sauder School of Business. This course can be taken over the period of one year, with written exams at completion. Once you have passed your exams, you will need to find an employer, preferably with an CMBA-BC corporate member. (All graduates are required to work for an existing designated company for a minimum of two (2) years before independent office opportunities.) Once employed, you must submit your registration to FICOM for your license. Then it is time to Become A Member of CMBA-BC and start attending our educational and networking events. Let us help you launch your career!